Jefferson Electric manufactures transformers the meet or exceed industry certifications.
Specification, Certification and Safety Requirement Marks found on Jefferson products include:
- Underwriters Laboratories Listing Mark
- Samples of the product have met UL’s safety requirements based on UL’s own published Standards of Safety.
- UL Recognized Component Mark
- This mark means that the component alone meets the requirements for a limited, specified use.
- C-UL Listing Mark
- Products with this type of mark have been evaluated to Canadian safety requirements by UL, which may be somewhat different than U.S. safety requirements.
- CSA International Mark (formerly Canadian Standards Association)
- This mark may appear alone, or with other qualifiers. If it appears alone, it means that the product is certified for the Canadian market, to the applicable Canadian standards.
- CSA Verified
- Canada requires general purpose transformers to meet specific energy efficiency standards. Jefferson Electric has its products tested and certified. The CSA Verified logo on our products indicates that the transformer meets the energy efficiency standards as defined by the CSA 802.2.
- CE (Conformité Européene)
- To market electrical products within the European Union (EU), product conformity and the proper use of the CE mark on machines and control equipment is critical. As a supplier to global companies serving customers in the EU, Jefferson Electric pays special attention to meeting the EU specification and certification requirements. To request CE certified equivalents for products not already certified, please contact our Technical Support department at 800-892-3755.
- ETL Listed
- ETK Semko an independent organization issues this mark for products tested to specific UL and CSA Standards.
- ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) approved for use on marine vessels including off-shore oil rigs.
- Seismic Qualified
- In order to meet seismic qualifications, products must go through rigorous testing to meet the International Building Code (2006/2009 IBC) and the California Building Code (2007/2010 CBC) requirements. Each test must also be met in accordance with ICC-ES AC156 seismic qualifications.
- Statements and Compliance and Policies
- Find our documentation here.
View our detailed literature here: